View Single Post
07-08-13, 09:15 PM   #6
Unkn
Premium Member

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Rakuen that is just what I was thinking.
I'm tired of macros and keeping them up.

Question for Malsomnus though.

Can we print out assignments in some concise way to the raid as a whole?

Say for example on Lei Shin - I have healers assigned in to certain sections along with specific groups.
Could I print out the condensed version to raid chat? So it says something like Group 1 Plus HealerNameHere on Square... I do have a macro I currently use for this but if I could assign it in Raidminder and then print out the overview to raid chat it would save me having to update macros and whatnot.

Even more fun if you can get it to organize raid groups for me - as in a save raid setup or something of that nature. I don't even know if that is possible. I'm constantly shuffling our raid around in our 5 groups depending on fight.

Okay I'm done. I'm going to try what you currently have and probablly fall in love. Thanks

Edit after playing with it:
COOL!

Question. Can it save per boss? Or at least per character - having to retype it out if dc occurs or needing to reload UI could be a pain.
Edit: I know this is planned feature

1. Could the notes be longer? Example - "Revival Door 2 & Dire Call 11" doesnt fit
2. Could we lock note per character? Say there is a healer assignment you don't want messed with or dragged to another character - a lock feature would be handy.
3. When you get it to save - could we possibley edit names of characters so that we can sub in and out people without having to drag all the assignments around?
4. Can we get a report to player option? So if for some reason its not installed for a raid member we can still whisper them the notes? Maybe make their frame in config red instead of just having the big symbol in it?
5. KEEP GOING! This looks extremely promising and myself (I'm our heal lead) & our raid leader are looking forward to your progression with this addon. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Noticed on the comments on the addon page that you have gotten comments about making it respond to in game events. You might could hook it into dbm/bigwigs but might even do something as simple as making the frame flash when combat is entered so its noticed incase people derp. Let's face it people derp a lot

Last edited by Unkn : 07-08-13 at 09:50 PM.