View Single Post
05-07-12, 04:40 AM   #44
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by OmegaExtreme View Post
If (like me) your sick and tired of the message flooding your chat box everytime you login do this

open up Carbonite.ua (World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite) in wordpad or notepad (i use notepad++)

do a search for "111122" (2011, Nov, 22)

change it do another date id suggest 121122 that way you get 1 year before the msg repeats itself.
After having done this (more than a month or more ago), it worked --- up until today, when it stated again. I need to do it again, but your instructions are only partially complete.

I cannot do a search (of the Carbonite.lua) for the date you specified, since that date, or whatever date I and others may have placed in there) won't be in the current ".lua" code. I forgot what date I entered, therefore cannot search for it.

What I'd prefer to know (and, at this point, need to know) is the information in the appropriate line item that precedes the date(s). My .lua script file is not numbered, so I need to find the proper line by searching for it.

I, and maybe others, will appreciate your help. Thanks!

NOTE: AFTER WRITING THIS, I THEN FOUND THAT IT'S NOT MY 'DATE' SETTINGS AT FAULT. APPARENTLY, SOME SORT OF NEW UPDATE HAS ACTUALLY BEEN RELEASED. BUT, IT WASN'T EVEN MENTIONED UNDER THE 'DOWNLOADS' SECTION ON THE CARBONITEADDON HOMEPAGE. THAT STILL SHOWS THAT THE LAST RELEASE WAS WAY BACK IN DEC OF 2011.

Last edited by Kreelor : 05-07-12 at 04:59 AM. Reason: AFTER WRITING THIS, I THEN FOUND A NEWER VERSION -WAS- RELEASED!