View Single Post
06-25-10, 03:46 AM   #5
MiniStew
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Wella View Post
If you manage to stick with it until level 80 and it doesn't stop you from playing well, then there's nothing wrong with this UI (except if you plan to release it). However, I'm sure you want people to comment on it from their point of view, so I'll be straight with you.

You obviously haven't made a UI before. How do I know this? You are using about five (visible) addons and you've barely done anything with each of them. Here are the first few things I would do to that UI to start it off:

1. Get rid of SexyMap or at least use a less distracting border. It's completely unnecessary.
2. Sort out your action bars - get rid of all that gloss, make things across a maximum of two bars and get rid of the buttons which you don't need, because I'm sure you don't need all of those buttons shown all the time - you could make certain bars show when you're in or out of combat, or only when you hover over them. (Along with sorting out your action bars, make your XP bar fit into them, rather than sitting on top of them. Try putting it right at the bottom of your screen.)
3. Play with Satrina Buff Frames more - this addon is fantastic and has a lot of opportunity for you to do great things with it. Start off with some basic customization, such as adding a frame which only shows your debuffs on the target, then keep going with filters, layouts, skinning with ButtonFacade, etc. Auras are a hugely important part of your interface!
4. (Optional) Start messing around with the chat box - get a fairly simple chat addon (there are loads to choose from) to start off with and mess around with it.

Good luck and happy gaming!
Thanks for the info. I was using a less distracting border before but it went back to default by accident and I forgot to change it. Other than that thanks for the time consumed reply which you wrote