View Single Post
06-25-10, 02:49 PM   #7
MiniStew
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by SuranthianH3 View Post
I play at a 1280x800 resolution on a laptop, so coming up with a good UI can take some time. :P

Well here is a screenshot of my work in progress with explanations below it.
I suggest going for a compact UI, I really suggest getting Dominos above all else, though, it will help make it look a lot better. The low damage is part my crap gear and part carbonite putting my fps at 0.5-2 (I had to drop out of a heroic to investigate the issue). I usually pull 2.5k-4k dps :P

The artwork is an addon called Sunn Viewport which allows resizing the render frame (the actual object that creatures, nameplates, etc. are drawn on), but that usually just leaves black under the UI elements instead of the world, which is what Sunn Viewport fixes by added various artwork under the UI. It also makes your UI looks a lot nicer. Just install different packs. I got mine here

The actionbar addon is Dominos, it hasn't failed me yet.

The unitframes are Pitbull (Which are HEAVILY modified by me to suit what I want)

The nameplates are Tidyplates: Threatplates

The meters beside the bars are Omen (Left; threat meter) and Recount (Right; damage meter)

The circular bars and the rune bar next to my actionbars is IceHUD.

The minimap isn't what I usually use, Carbonite is bugged and when I use it it lags me a lot in combat, so until then I have to use the default. XD

The buff and debuff bars are Simple Buff Bars.

The battle text going around IceHUD is Miks Scrolling Battle Text, which is very useful for procs and managing "number spam" when AoEing.

If you have any other questions, feel free to message or reply.
Thanks so much for this reply it's helping me alot. Thanks for the info about IceHUD and MSBT. I used MSBT ages ago and loved it but forgot what it was called after reinstalling wow. Can I add you for future questions.