View Single Post
10-11-08, 12:19 PM   #49
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz View Post
I'm not going to mince words. WoWInterface is the only respectable site out there. WoWAce and Curse gaming have absolutely no respect for author rights. WoWAce has shamefully and actively enabled code plagiarizers on more than one occasion. As is obvious from the Times Square like ambiance of their site, Curse gaming cares nothing except about maximizing revenue. They will take every bit of author rights they can get away with without generating too much negative PR. You should have seen their original author release form that they came up with when they redesigned their site. It was absurd. And of course, they do not enforce copyright on the sites they own, even if they agree that violations are occurring.

If you like the add-ons you use, support a site that fully supports the authors that make them. And right now, that is only WoWInterface.
I've seen you state these things before, and because of that it is also another reason why I do not care for Curse. However, the site owners and what they do have no bearing on weather or not I use the addons there. I wish like hell those authors would move over here, but I don't see that happening. I enjoy the custom UI I created with their addons, and I enjoy the other addons I use from there that help make WoW a little more fun to play. Curse is not getting anything from me, nor will they ever.