Thread: Resize frame
View Single Post
07-13-14, 02:14 PM   #32
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
That's not a very good excuse for using values that are techinically wrong. While the WoW API will auto-correct "TopLeft" to "TOPLEFT" when you pass that wrong value into eg. SetPoint, the value you get back from, eg. GetPoint will be the correctly-written "TOPLEFT", which means if you're ever comparing values, either your comparison will fail because you're using the wrong value, or your code ends up with inconsistent capitalization depending on what you're doing with the string at the moment. Much better to just use the correct values in the first place in a case-sensitive language like Lua.
Lua might be case sensitive, but its a wow api, doesn't really matter whats the input it its will be stored in capitalized, and will be used capitalized. And im fairly sure the function which handles this stuff won't investiage if it's got the right capitalized variable or not simply just gonna slap in into a strupper(). If i'm gonna compare values like this, then i'll be carefull and use the correctly capitalized way ofc.
However i'm pretty sure every programmer have his own little things, which might seems meaningless to others, but not everyone follows the book by every word.