View Single Post
03-28-06, 08:03 AM   #25
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Just wanted to drop a note to say that Chatmanager will be requiring a couple of fixes for 1.10, but that unfortunately I only found one of the problems today in my last-minute-testing, and then Blizzard shut down both the PTR and the live realms before I'd managed to find and test my solution .

Until then, the password box won't show any text, and passwords in general may not work too well if you have more than just the General and Combat chat windows. (Blizzard actually fixed a bug I posted about a few months back, but didn't put it in the change notes, and of course its today before I discover it breaks a few things, lol ).

I'll get the 1.10 version of Chatmanager out tomorrow (day-after-patch-day-shudder) although probably not until most of you in the US time-zone are well asleep. Again, apologies for the delay!

And a long over due response to yutt (sorry yutt):
Originally Posted by yutt
I have an unrelated ideas I'll toss out here also. I use Chat Scroll, in conjunction with ChatManager. It allows you to remove the arrow buttons from the chat window and use the mousewheel to navigate, which you may or may not feel would be appropriate additional functionality to ChatManager.
At this point I'd say that as long as Chat Scroll (or similar variants) play nice with Chatmanager, then I'm kind of happy for us all co-exist, and not have Chatmanager try and increase its territory or feature set too much more . Mostly that's cause I'm lazy, but partly because it allows people to easily shop around and choose the component features they like and put them all together. Most of my addons are pretty small and task specific, for both those reasons .

Cheers,
-- Cirk