View Single Post
08-31-12, 10:30 AM   #353
Dalmasca1
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post
  • Aura Browser is currently redundant and serves a small purpose (for accessing auras) - but in return costs up screen real-estate. Idea: Remove it, merge it into the editor window.
Ya, without the copy+paste buttons or enable/disable buttons on it, there's no reason to have it take up space while using the editor.

• Auras are terrible for grouping - they're not very intuitive and, personally, I don't think they need to exist. Idea: Rename displays to auras in the UI, rename auras to groups.
That nomenclature makes a lot more sense and fits their current functionality better. More importantly I think it's more intuitive for new users.
  • Activation is a bit of a mess - This one is complicated, but there's a fundamental flaw with the way Support Triggers are handled in that they're not intuitive whatsoever. Idea: I'm going to take a page out of 4.x's book here and expose all the settings in a clear category-by-category manner but also try and implement a search/filter feature. The idea being you could search for 'combat' and it'd remove any widgets that didn't have "combat" in their name. I suppose another way to look at it would be similar to Chrome's option search.
Might need to see a mock-up of this before I can give good feedback. I haven't had trouble with them, but I see a lot of people who haven't been able to find the trigger they are looking for. I think the current arrow paging between the various menus isn't in the best location for users to pick it up visually. I still like the categories though.

• Anything with a dialog for configuration - It's terrible. I'm going to try a table approach instead without the need for a dialog to manage matches. Each row would be a separate match, and the table would likely be paginated beyond ~5-10 matches.
Ya, if there's a way to avoid dialog boxes, I would go for that. Still curious to see how this would look though...

• Style/Animations/Sounds - I think these categories are fine, but they could do with some more intuitive navigational schemes (in fact, the entire UI could).
I think my major hangup with these might be the continuation of the clickable-bar when you get to the On Show/Hide level of the menu. At that point, I'd rather just see them all open on the animation page, just like the sound one does. On a related note, is there a way to add more than one animation to On Show/Hide events? I was trying to do a translate, zoom, and alpha at the same time last night and had to use a weird Action workaround to pull it off. An "Add Animation" button would be useful and very powerful.

Last edited by Dalmasca1 : 08-31-12 at 10:32 AM.