View Single Post
06-16-11, 12:21 AM   #15
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Arkive View Post
My opinion is if you want to roll need on offspec gear then you should run as that spec. As the tank you're basically holding them hostage by threatening to leave if they don't comply. I understand that you feel you clearly stated you were going to roll but I suspect something was lost in translation if the entire group was PO'd after it occured.
I'm not entirely sure that is the case. I have personally witnessed the OP's situation more than once. I've even been on the receiving end a time or 2. When I have been on the other side of the coin (someone needing for an item that is not their main spec but said as much before we start) I have no trouble asking them not to. If they insist I simply bow out and re-queue.

I'm finding more and more these days that people only seem capable of laughing or raging and not using simple reasoning to talk about a situation. Most times, to avoid someone raging or dropping to force a re-queue. My feeling on this is simple. If you state your intent and no one says one way or another they accept the situation.

Many points of view on this one. None are truly correct. The only respectable course is to be reasonable and talk to your group before hand. Even go as far as to ask if anyone has an issue. Decide from there.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

Last edited by MidgetMage55 : 06-16-11 at 12:24 AM.