View Single Post
08-15-10, 11:25 PM   #3067
Leitka
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Wimpface View Post
I'd say it's more about the fact that if you input his name on special sites, you see exactly who he is - when he's born, what his full name is, some people have their parents flagged somewhere meaning you also know their name now, you know parts of his life now because you got the name of a random screenshot from a random game.

Not here to cause drama, so it's irrelevant. Great UI, looks like something I would use myself! Something I fail to see though is why you're using 2 Skada's, and what those letters at the top of your minimap means. Is that tracking?
Also, are you using EventHorizon for something or is it just there unconfigured? Looks kind of empty to me. (if it even is EventHorizon, looks like it though!)

Terrific UI really, one of the better I've seen through my days.
It's also a very generic name. In reality, tracking someone down based off of a screenshot that ties the name to nothing is actually quite difficult. It's just silly how overblown conversations on it in screenshots have been before, which is why I mentioned it. :P

As for the comments/questions:
Letters on top of the minimap are the micro menu, C = Character, S = Spellbook, T = Talents and so on.
Dual skada windows so that threat and an additional statistic can be tracked and visible at the same time. Generally it's set to Damage/Threat side-by-side in a raid, but occasionally I use the free window for something else, keeping track of interrupts for example.
And you're right, that is indeed EventHorizon. I run a very bare-bones configuration with it and only track 2 bars via it (Upper green bar visible in screenshot is Slice and Dice, secondary bar is Tricks of the Trade duration on target, and Tricks of the Trade cooldown). Normally I would also track Rupture, I've just opted back into evis-spam lately out of laziness. :P I don't track less important things via it, i.e. Deadly Poison stacks showing in EH is very important for mutilate to optimally time envenoms based on ticks, but as combat there's really little need to actually know when my poisons are ticking as none of my abilities are dependent upon them, as such I've opted out of displaying them to save on screen real-estate.