Thread: TitleRegion
View Single Post
06-07-06, 01:41 AM   #1
Hevanus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Unable to edit properties of elements under Project Explorer->Frame

I'm trying to make my frame draggable by implementing the bottom suggestion here: http://www.wowwiki.com/HOWTO:_Make_a_Frame_Draggable

In the Project Explorer on the left side of the screen I expanded the Frame section, then the XML file containing my form/frame, then clicked the form/frame itself. I see the properties on the Properties area on the right side of the screen, but if I try to change them (e.g., frameStrata) the change reverts as soon as I try to save the file. This is really annoying in the case of frameStrata specifically, because it means my frame is always obscured by other frames unless I either post-edit the XML every time I save, or use a SetFrameLevel() hack.

Also, I can't seem to enter anything at all for for some fields (e.g., TitleRegion). Of course, opening in a text editor and pasting in the TitleRegion XML manually that I want works great, but then WoW UI Designer removes it again the next time I re-save.

It would be great if there were an option to have WoW UI Designer leave in the XML anything it doesn't understand. I realize that this may not be easy though if it re-generates the XML from scratch every time you save.

Last edited by Hevanus : 06-11-06 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Revised wording and added suggestion