View Single Post
04-09-15, 09:54 PM   #9
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by PocketAppZ View Post
Geared displays a lower item level than what Simple iLevel tells me is my ilvl.
Either Simple iLevel is wrong, or it's showing your equipped item level instead of your "total" item level, which is what matters for unlocking dungeons etc. Both Geared and the code I posted use the same method as the default UI code that shows your item level on the character panel -- the game provides a decimal value (eg. 352.4394302843243) and the UI rounds it down to the nearest whole number (eg. 352).

Originally Posted by PocketAppZ View Post
The code by Phanx displays the same ilvl as Geared but it told me that my ilvl dropped 1pt after I vendored some trash gear that was in my bags, didn't even change anything my character had equipped.
One of the items you vendored probably had a higher item level than the item you had equipped for that slot, but without more information and/or the ability to test for myself, it's impossible to say. However, based on the description in your first post, I'd guess you're confusing your equipped item level (which doesn't matter) with your total item level. LFG/LFR options unlock based on your total item level. Even if you're naked (equipped item level 0) you can still queue for dungeons if the average item level of gear in your bags (calculated by pretending you have equipped the highest-ilvl option for each slot) is high enough.