View Single Post
11-12-15, 08:55 AM   #11
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
jeffy162, you intervened instead of Rythal who this message was intended for.

To me, experimenting doesn't make any sense when I've been told that a certain feature will not work. Well, I guess I don't understand. From what I've read, Carbonite Notes (DEV version) is still using Astrolabe -- which is supposedly no longer a 3rd-party addon used by Carbonite, according to Rythal (Ref: his statement "Carbonite does not rely on astrolab, nor is it an included library."). Note: That's his spelling, not mine.

It's too bad nobody has updated the current status of Carbonite and its features and how to work them (or, anything else!). I suppose users are supposed to guess and use trial-and-error to see what works and what doesn't work. Not very professional. I remember when Carbonite used to work flawlessly, but that was a very, very long time ago.

Thanks, jeffy162 for replying to me since Rythal will probably never will. I think he's too busy "still reviewing things" from a year ago.
Carbonite no longer uses Astrolabe - if it ever did use it (I don't know). The latest DEV version does not even have Astrolabe downloaded with it installed (doesn't make any difference, I know, if Astrolabe is already installed somewhere in your addons - IF it makes calls to Astrolabe, that is, which it doesn't [not the Notes module, anyway]). Try it out and see for yourself. It's apparently all we can do, right now.

Sorry 'bout the tone of my post yesterday (well, and maybe today). I just wasn't feeling all that well and it slipped into my typing. Still not feeling all that well, so I hope I caught everything (in my post).

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!