View Single Post
05-31-09, 04:46 PM   #64
septor
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by stormkeep View Post
subject line of OP is misleading. "Sneaks" implies the user has no way of seeing it coming. In this case, it is mentioned quite clearly on the download page as well as how to remove it. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...1-6383ba034eab.

The only way that is sneaky is if the person installing it is blind and not using any kind of text to speech. Or if the user is too mentally challenged to make sure they find out what they are installing when they do an update. I would expect a wowmatrix user to consider it as "sneaking" but not someone here on Wowinterface.
A vast majority of people just allow Windows to download updates and install them on their own which means they're getting this update without even knowing it. By vast majority I am even including a handful of people that probably browse this very forum.

Not everyone (unfortunately) look at what is getting placed on their machine. In fact, I'd hazard a guess that 90% of the people that got this and didn't want it only heard about it's existence when they read the news about it.

If Microsoft really cared about it's users they would have uploaded this "needed" extension to the Firefox Addon Database so the people (read: idiots) that wanted to get it could do it on their own accord instead of force feeding it to unknowing (read my first paragraph) people.