Thread: Busy Forums...
View Single Post
03-14-08, 07:59 AM   #15
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can delete the downloaded patches after they have been installed. However you may want to archive them somewhere else just in case you have to do a wipe and reinstall of WoW (bug, new HD, worm, siblings/parents/GF or BF/Souse meddling where they shouldn't, etc). It will save you a lot of time over downloading the patches all over again.

At least most of my UI is 2.4 ready as I have been testing on the PTR, so it will be just a matter of cutting and pasting my AddOns folders. From my experiance only AddOns that parse the Combat log have been affected although those that affected are some pretty heavy hitters like Omen, MSBT, and mods that can display mob HP. However many of writers of those mods are on keeping on top of things and have working on 2.4 ready versions that are currently out in some kind of alpha or beta form. Most UI mods however have not been affected other than to revamp some of their UI to use the new UI menu coming with 2.4. You can start grabbing the 2.4 versions of the mods that you use the most, now and keep em handy until the patch actually hits so you don't have to deal with the thundering herd choking the mod sites come Patch Day.

Last edited by Zyonin : 03-14-08 at 08:07 AM.