View Single Post
07-28-18, 12:01 PM   #1
pcg79
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[Beta] Reminders

tl;dr: I made an addon to help remind you to do daily/weekly things. It's currently in testing/beta as I try to improve the UI and make some internal design decisions, but I'd love some feedback on it so I invite you to check it out. It's up on Curse (or via the installer) and WoWInterface.

Type /reminders and fill in the fields.

have time, will read:

I play a lot of alts who have a number of different professions or that I use for various things - like having my human priest toon run rep dailies or having my Alchemists make Living Steel. In order to remember what each toon was supposed to do I used to use a txt file on my computer. But I got tired of keeping that updated or remembering to open it so a few months ago I decided to write an addon to do the reminding for me. It's finally in a spot I'm happy enough to put out. I call it Reminders (because I'm not clever).

The concept is pretty simple. You open the UI with /reminders. Put in a string as to what you want to be reminded of ("Make Living Steel!" or "Run Kirin Tor Offensive dailies!"), an interval (right now it's just daily or weekly), and your condition. The condition can be something like "Profession" equals "Alchemy" or "Name" equals "Leeroy". Then all of your alchemists will get a reminder to "Make Living Steel!" when the daily/weekly reset hits (or the next time they log in if they miss the reset).

The main UI is a bit rough I admit. It's on my list of things to do. So please try to ignore that as you put it through its paces. Also, the "snooze" button is currently set to snooze for only 5 seconds as I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do with that feature.

As a related aside, thanks to so many of you here being patient with my questions. Couldn't have done it without you.