View Single Post
06-15-09, 08:02 AM   #13
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Well... this is kind of the classic "I know it's not perfect, but I don't have a solution to make it better" kind of things. The issue is how Bliz renders the fonts with outlines. If I don't use an outline, it's worse because there's no contrast. If I do use an outline, the outline doesn't scale with the font and you get bleed over. I can't make the font any larger, or the text will flow outside of the widget. If I make the widget bigger, everyone yells at me that the button is too large.

I'm all about solutions, but I honestly don't have one that I can think of atm for that particular problem.
In all actuality, outlines shouldn't be used when there is a solid background. Contrast, in that regard, general rule of thumb is light font dark background, dark font light background. You only use the outlines when the background is transparent. .... when the playing world is in the background.

Last edited by Petrah : 06-15-09 at 08:28 AM.