View Single Post
05-28-11, 09:30 PM   #21
RLD
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Info to add to sticky for at least OSX 10.6.7

Bought a new Mac mini with OSX 10.6.7. I installed Little Snitch (LS) (outgoing network blocking filter) and activated OSX firewall (incoming only). The install jnlp kept failing to d/l the install. This worked fine on the old Mac with OSX 10.4.11.

After several false tries. I disabled LS and the OSX firewall. D/L and install went fine. Ran Minion and all worked fine. Closed Minion and reactivated LS and firewall. Ran Minion and none of the addons would show updates and all kinds of connection errors in the Minion UI. Closed Minion and added it to LS and firewall manually for access and all worked fine.

So what is happening is the firewall and LS do not see this java app/applets accessing the network interface and therefore causing errors or non-install.

This may also be an issue with windows firewalls.

IMO this is a bug with possibly Minion not notifiying the system properly. Vuze is also a java app and the system sees it trying to activate on the network and notifies the user.

i.e. definately not the preferred way of installing but; turn off all network filters/firewalls to install and then give Minion access thru filters/firewalls after the install and restart your filters/firewalls.

RLD