View Single Post
01-23-10, 09:45 PM   #8
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
No solution ?

Someone should write a mod that syncs with Recount and pollutes it's results.

Nah just kidding guys

I agree. "Meters" have become yet another thing that players use to bash other players.

I have no problems with people telling me my DPS sucks. I have problems with people thinking this means I'm a retard who ebayed all my toons.

It doesn't. It just means I don't know how to do good DPS. Wheter it's my latency or my rotation I don't know.

I would much much rather people try to help me by making suggestions on rotation , gear and specific spells rather then just acting like ass****s over my DPS.

I play from NZ so I play with a latency of over 300 ms. This is a disability game wise that I've learnt to live with but people need to bear in mind that by the time they've done 2 or 3 spells I've done 1. In some cases they can do 5 to my one.

There used to be a time that dungeons were done for fun. Now it's "zomg we need to get through this in 4mins29 seconds so I can get my 7 badges for my new chest piece for my off set for my alt".

Whatever happened to taking your time on instances ? Having fun with random people you meet ? As long as the trash is dying in a few seconds or so why does it matter what a person's DPS is ?

And to the crowd that goes on about "bad DPS being carried" - we have all be carried at some point of our lives. Carried by our mothers , carried by out teachers , carried by our friends & family in times of darkness. There's nothing bad about being "carried". Before you know anything about good rotations or specs or didn't have good gear you were carried in World of Warcraft as well.

As long as you are trying your absolute best at your DPS and not going out for Pizza or playing Wi while doing Heroic AN , I have no problems carrying Mr Sadface DPS.

See here's the difference between Mr Douchebag and Mr Understanding

Mr Douchbag :

"What the F**** is going on Fuzzyelf ? 500 DPS Are you f*****ing retarded?" *votekick*

Mr Understanding :

"Fuzzy hun I've noticed your DPS is only 500 , Are you clipping your Rips? Are you keeping Mangle & Savage Roar Up? Ok put -this- and -this- and -this- on your bar and use them in this rotation. Watch the portrait frame for this debuff falling off and when that happens -do this- . <fill in the blank website> is a good site for Learning to Druid DPS"

Now which would you rather have in your party ?

And which of the above examples are you going to be in your runs from now on ?

Thanks for reading this long rant of mine. Must of been the Blood Orange soda I was drinking

PS True Story. I got to 80 and didn't have Savage Roar on any of my bars. A kind gentleman druid in H. AN pointed out I should always have SR up at all times. I went O_O and thanked him.
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)