View Single Post
04-07-11, 07:49 AM   #10
Duugu
Premium Member

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Layrajha View Post
I guess that you could technically simulate a RSS feed by buying twice as many accounts as there are servers, and putting a character on each server that is logged in all the time and acts as a server by answering SendAddonMessage whisper requests... I'm not sure anyone has enough money to waste to do something like that :>
What if I use test accounts for that? I could do a round-robin-logon operating mode where one accounts login on multiple servers in a row just to update stuff. There are 489 realms (US & EU). So let us say you'll have to do ~1k updates per 'cycle'. Let us further say you use one account to update ... 40 'targets'. Then you will need ~25 accounts.
Beside the possibliity to use test accounts for this, the real question is, how much computing power do I need to handle 25 wow instances simultaneously? (lowest possible graphics/sound/details settings of course)

[E]
Let's say you will need 15 seconds to do one 'update'. Then every single 'target' should be updated at least once every 10 minutes - which should be absolutely adequate for a lot of contents. (like feeds or something)

Last edited by Duugu : 04-07-11 at 07:54 AM.