View Single Post
03-14-08, 06:32 PM   #7
Layrajha
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Gemini_II View Post
I wouldn't equate deleting a few folders to reinstalling a 6+GB program. Considering that Blizzard does not support other authors addons, it's a very simple, guaranteed solution.

Myself, I would of just deleted the offending addons SavedVariables, or possibly the keybinding cache which would of restored the default bindings but meh.
Well really, deleting even only the WTF folder (which doesn't contain only addon saved variables, but also your parameters from the game itself) would mean that I have to spend roughly 15 minutes putting all my Blizzard settings back.

If you add the installation of addons (assuming you don't have a list of your ~50 addons to download), and their one-by-one configuration, you end up with something like 2-3 hours of work.

Compared to the removal of the single addon that was used to bind the left mouse button, and its saved variables if needed... or even easier, compared to contacting the addon's author and asking how to undo this (because it's probably possible), I doubt it's a valid solution.

Really, the "delete your interface and wtf folders" answer is a very, very, very bad and imo disrespectful answer. It isn't hard to ask if the person knows what addon was causing the problem, and if he knows, to explain what to do.