View Single Post
03-29-08, 07:01 AM   #42
Masaq
An Aku'mai Servant
Right well time for a small update I guess.

I've tried using WAU. A question though. Is it better to update all addons/libs at same time or pick and choose? Anyways, for the time being I've decided to stay with the standalone setup of addons. Don't know if I cba to try and change it all back to embedded. Plus it seems to work as it is, so I'm following the "if its not broken, don't try and fix it" rule.

Some small annoyances have presented themselves however. Occasionally, either upon logging in or just suddenly through gameplay, the blizzard buff frames will reappear up in the top right of the ui. Even though the "hide blizzard frames > buffs" option is checked in pitbull. I then have to go back into pitbull and uncheck + check the option again to get rid of it. Also, occasionally, the portrait pics will change from portrait to full body, even though the full body option is unchecked. Any ideas on why this just suddenly changes?

Another small beef is with Parrot. Since 2.4 the scroll areas for damage, heals and hots don't work. I've upgraded Parrot since 2.4 but still no go. Even though the options for everything to work seem to be all enabled and so on like they were b4 the patch.

Button/page swapping doesn't seem to work for me in BT3. For example, I have action bar 2 set so that when I hit shift, it changes to action bar 7 (for example). Now that part works. But when I try to hit the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 buttons for that particular buff in the new action bar (while shift button is depressed) nothing happens. I can click on the buff, but I can't use the keyboard to activate it. No idea why. I've tried fiddling around with the options but so far no luck.

Only other thing that I can think of atm is trying to use the ui between different alts. This may sound stupid but I have the ui set up for my main. I assumed any changes I made for an alt would be saved to that alt. But when I tried configuring the ui a lil differently for my mage alt (moved some bartender3 bars around, got rid of stance bar and so on) those changes were also saved to my main. I then had to spend another hour putting everything back for my main. What am I supposed to do to make sure that the configuration of all these mods is only used by one character and not a different one? Do I have to go into each and every single addon and set profiles? And do the same for any alts that want to use the ui as well? As I said, I assumed those changes would be saved in the WTF folder for that particular character. Having set the addons with profiles, will those profiles then load properly for that character?

Any help and advice is of course, always appreciated.

Thanks,

Mas