View Single Post
07-08-19, 04:40 PM   #5
Lund259
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by semlar View Post
Typically users simply click the download button on wowinterface or curseforge and extract the addon to their addon folder, so this is a curious description of the installation process.
When you download an addon from github it won't work if you extract it directly into your addon folder, because the archive will be named according to the branch you downloaded. Healbot-master for example. I have had friends who got confused why the addons from github wouldn't work out of the box.

This is one of the things that the application can take care of for you. Especially if you have an archive with multiple addons nested in different folders, it is much easier to just let an addon manager install it for you.

I agree installing addons isn't exactly rocket science, but i think newcomers and lazy people (like myself) will find the application useful. It also gives you a nice overview of your installed addons.

Also i just needed some project so work on in my spare time. Might as well release it. Then people can use it if they want to.