View Single Post
12-18-11, 06:05 PM   #6
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ForeverTheGM View Post
This new security feature has been in effect for quite some time now. It happens whenever you try to login from a different geographical location. Usually the locations have to be outside the range of a typical commute.

How many miles/kilometers separate the three locations you mentioned (home, boyfriend's, and work)?

If you continue to access your account from all three locations on a regular basis, the system should learn that connections from those locations aren't out of the ordinary. You should contact Blizzard if the account locking persists.
I went from Tacoma Washington to Chicago Illinois and I never got asked to change my password nor was I locked out of my account. However, I believe this is due to myself and my boyfriend both using Comcast. I've never let him log in to my account, nor I to his. We don't even know one anothers passwords, and we both each have a physical authenticator.

However, after we left his house to go on our vacation, I did get locked out and asked to change my password. While I always stayed at Marriott hotels, they each used different ISP's.