View Single Post
12-19-11, 04:21 PM   #11
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What do you mean "relatively easy"?
And you still have to know my email address, which I also change, but point taken - if the server didn't puke on the number of attempts my password has less characters than yours so therefore will take less time. Although when you type passwords like yours into an online account form I bet the system says your password is "weak" and mine is "strong". But if the 1000 tries/second application already takes into account case, numbers and odd characters then it simply comes down to the number of characters.

I am pretty sure though if you are wrong too many times - like 5 or so - you need to go to Battlenet and try again. I am pretty sure when I got hacked it was due to an exploit in a FLASH module on a popular WoW information site that a lot of people got burned with - it somehow put a keylogger on my account and it just so happens when my authenticator was off for that short time they tried my email/pass combo and it worked. If it ever happens again I am out - that was horrible - took over a week to get everything back and I have a lot of characters. Lots of full mailboxes to sort through. Gear with no gems / enchants. It was not nice.

"I will crush and destroy and...ooo...shiny..."