View Single Post
09-12-12, 05:26 PM   #4
juztcallmepapi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Yes we still have 'quality control'. We've been talking (internally) about how to deal with this project for a while now.
Then you guys are obvious to the headache this is causing the player base. I mean, I understand they can't fix every bug over night, but also only fixing the addon so it pops up in-game (and not actually fixing bugs), disappearing for months at a time and not addressing the community's concerns is a big no no. Especially if it's an FA.

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
We dont just make snap decisions, we take time to review things first and give authors a chance if they have fallen.

We also can't just remove them as FA's because there is now a large community using the forums setup for them which is a feature for FA's. Removing those forums would make every one angry even people who dont use carbonite because they will no longer be able to filter out that content if it was just mixed into our general forums. So there are many things to consider here, and thats just a little part.
No offense, but a decent look at the developer's forum can give you an obvious gimps that they don't even play the game anymore. They've admitted that fact themselves. I never said to remove the content entirely. I only said that they shouldn't be a FA. It's a donation deathtrap. While new users are going to your site, checking on the FA list, they see Carbonite. They are being mislead thinking that the add-on is being well maintained. Possibly even donating to for the cause.

FA should be reserved for well respected, well maintained and well deserving add-ons. You don't see car dealerships showcasing old model cars ... why should WI showcase an add-on that's being held together by strings and band-aids?