View Single Post
12-13-07, 08:39 PM   #52
Zidomo
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by erica647
Hi I just wanted to add something that may help you get Fubar working with LocationFu. The problem I found was that the version of the jostle library (3.0) used by the latest version of Fubar is actually newer than the version of the jostle library (2.0) used by locationFu. What this means then is that you'd actually want to find a version of fubar with the older version of the jostle library. I've done all I can by posting what needs to be changed (imho) on JIRA and I mentioned it on the wowace IRC. I don't know which version of fubar has the older version of the jostle library but I just have a feeling that it was "Pre-Rock". Like I mentioned previously in a post, you can just install a minimap mod like Rico Minimap for now as the jostle library compatibility issue between the two different versions only seems to break the blizzard default ui minimap.
Nice theory, but has little to do with things. The two different Jostle versions aren't problematic or incompatible.

There wwas an issue way (way) back in October--that was fixed--with Jostle being accessed inappropriately. But its fixed now. The LibJostle-3.0 library (included with the Wowace FuBar version) was last updated 3 weeks ago. You still running into Jostle issues? Update.

The current r55569 (Nov. 20) of FuBar_LocationFu (using the earlier JostleLib) works just fine for nearly everyone with the current r56917 (Dec. 12) of FuBar (using the updated LibJostle-3.0). Obtain those--which include the latest versions of the libraries--from http://files.wowace.com .

BTW, FuBar isn't "dead", it was in fact converted to the Rock library system in time for the WoW 2.3 patch. Something the parent poster conveniently overlooks. Advice to the parent poster who seems to be either a clueless troll or just can't seem to accept constructive advice: uninstall all your mods. Then, no more problems .

Last edited by Zidomo : 12-13-07 at 08:50 PM.