Thread: Stuck in a rut!
View Single Post
11-26-11, 08:42 PM   #2
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by reflectional View Post
So I am stuck the game has lost its fun factor for me I quit playing to have fun and started to play in a rush to get more 85's or max proffesions I just quit having fun. And now my girlfriends laptop died so I lost my wow partner and was thinking about going on a new server starting fresh and going back to enjoy the game for everything it offers.

If anyone knows any good active servers that people dont feel stuck in (usually the ones im on people say they suck that its horrible leave while you can etc.) and has some good guilds that do more then just dungeons and raids but likes to have fun.

I feel like this is a lot to ask for and maybe im just being stupid but I just want to have fun again

I have been there - I have left WoW several times actually. But I always come back. For me playing in Japan now I am always alone. Luckily I am in a guild that hit level 20, but they all quit - which for me is not a huge deal because of the time difference they wouldn't be on anyways - but at least I get the leveling bonus and they left me 20k in the guild bank for repairs.

I had to make the game fun for me - so for me that means Profs, Questing - and actually READING the quests now - I no longer just JET to 85 - I take my time. I am able to PUG a bit - but the time change makes that difficult sometimes. I still enjoy playing - but I know I will be pretty much solo from here on out - WoW is not played in Japan really - and I really don't have the time to raid consistently because of work and life commitments - so I quest here and there - slowly building my stable of classes. Once they are all max level, and then I level a Monk - if the game still isn't fun I still have some things I want to try:

1. Leveling a Warlock - could never get past level 10, this is one of the last things I will do in WoW if it becomes so bad I want to quit
2. Level "Ironman" style - I saw a post on a website - you level with white/grey items only, no heirlooms, nothing, on a PvP server - and when you die - you delete your character and start over. I think that would be fun to see how far you could get.
3. Try to get MAX gold - this is a LONG term thing for me - I am not ready yet. Once my prof's are all maxed out, I want to see if I can do this.

So you see - the game is what you make of it. I have learned it is VERY hard to rely on other's. As for Guild / Realm - if you want people who are pretty cool - go to Earthen Ring and join the AIE guild - they are great - one of the largest guilds on any server - they do a podcast called "The Instance" - anyway - they are so huge there is always someone on to chat with and they are very easy going. If I could stomach the costs I might faction transfer and server transfer all my toons back there. I am only on the server I am now because my friends begged me to come over (I transfered from Earthen Ring -> Drenden and Horde to Alliance - 5 characters - ugh) and I am reticent to do this again. But that is where I would go.

I miss Horde... But I now have 3 level 85s now that are all Alliance and I am about to have numbers 4 and 5 soon - sigh.

Anyway - probably not any help, but I feel you

"I will crush and destroy and...ooo...shiny..."