View Single Post
07-27-09, 03:53 PM   #10
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If your lifetap is a spell then you need to drag the spell icon from your spell book onto the action bar if it isn't already there.

Then if it doesn't show the duration count or cooldown count ( if there are any ) when you use it then it has been toggled off at some point. You would then need to toggle it back on using the slash commands I mentioned or use one of the addons mentioned to make access to the slash commands easier.

If there is a duration timer on a spell then that number will have priority. Once the duration runs out it will display whatever cooldown is still set.

This screenshot shows both the durations and cooldowns in progress. If you look at the cooldown bar in the hud you will see the duration timers there too as the top line with the cooldowns on the bottom line.

On the action bar you will see pink, purple and cyan writing. The pink are cooldown counters, the blue are duration timers and purple are duration timers that are also on cooldown.

Hopefully that will help you see what you're missing somewhat. I don't recall lifetap having a cooldown myself but next time I play my warlock I will have a look.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_072309_035920.jpg
Views:	652
Size:	432.2 KB
ID:	3085  

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman