View Single Post
08-17-08, 06:58 AM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Bellator View Post
I've always been curious as to how Blizzard could help a player if that players account was "hacked". I seem to see the chat in game about some player who's account has been emptied. Lately it seems I have been seeing more of this.

So it got me to thinking about what Blizzard could do to help the player get it all back. I mean, geez, to have to start over with naked toons and no money, what a nightmare.

Can as a player is there a way to backup your characters to a different location that keeps all that information? Or is that kept on Blizzards side of the game?

Anyway just wondering if any of you knew.

Bellator
Blizzard can retrieve your characters and everything they have on them, in their personal bank and in guild bank. I see it all the time, hacked players extremely upset over lost toons, lost gold and goods etcetera, over in the Customer Service Forums. Sometimes the retrieval process is short, and sometimes it can take a few weeks. Either way, they investigate thoroughly and as long as everything looks ok, the owner of the hacked account gets everything back.

However, weather or not someone has to go through all that headache depends on how much they pay attention to computer security and also not letting anyone else play their account, or give out their login/password.... Blizzard can tell if someone other than you has been on your account.