Thread: New Start
View Single Post
12-04-11, 10:14 PM   #5
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by TheGeek View Post
Strictly dungeons at the moment. Up to level 30 now without any questing.

I'll have to find my way around it, but I'll manage to level up holy the whole way if I have to quest.

A lot of people will probably hang me, but the one biggest mistake Blizzard made was dual spec. I absolutely despise the concept and feel it destroyed the realness of the game. I truly miss the days where you only had one spec and you learned to be DAMN good at that spec. That's what I felt like when I played until then LOL.
I actually like the way (sorry is this is a derail) Skyrim does it. It is more realistic - if you wield a 2H weapon, well, that skill gets increased. If you melee and get beat on whilst wearing heavy armor, well, that skill gets increased. If you suddenly switch to spells - guess what - you start building those skills but your melee skills sit idle. I of course am not sure this would work in a MMO, but I sure am enjoying it in Skyrim - it feels SO REAL. And a little plug - I haven't kills a single "boar" yet

I am actually VERY hopeful for MoP - but I am not excited about WoW at the moment and am waiting. In Warhammer there were these "Public Quests" which it appears WoW is now adapting in MoP - these were events that as you breezed into a new area an indicator would pop up that you needed to achieve (if you chose) a certain objective to get the public quest to the next "stage". Some of these were PvP related as well - so you were not only trying to do the objective, but always watching your butt for opposing faction folks. I hope in MoP its like that it was refreshing and you could receive soem nice gear and money.

I have never leveled that way - via instances only - that would be fun I think as long as you could keep progressing and not his a hole. As DPS it would be hard to queue I think because of the long queue times - I would be on Facebook or something whilst I wait lol.

"I will crush and destroy and...ooo...shiny..."