View Single Post
03-12-07, 01:18 AM   #4
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by airdragon
Thanks for the info Mazzle. I have one really pressing question that did not seem to get directly addressed here (or I'm blind, equal chance if not greater chance of this).

Lets say I go to all the trouble to put back the lib folders in the Ace2 addons, will they use the versions in their subfolder first? And inversely will MazzleUI choose to use the top-level versions or use the embedded smaller versions?

I guess getting to what I'm doing might help better with the question. Lets say I want to add all the libs back to all the original mod folders (including MazzleUI). Will this mean they will start to use their proper versions of the Ace2 libraries now in the specific addons subfolder? Or will they choose the higher level one to run?

Thanks!

PS THANK YOU..... I don't think you know how long I've been trying to get a UI to run like this one does. Not only have you improved my overall enjoyment of WoW, you've given life to dozens of new ideas for what to do with a UI. I can't say THANK YOU enough.
It's a good question, but I don't know the answer to it. Perhaps someone more familiar with the mechanics of ace libraries could answer that. My guess is that it would depend on the effective load order of the add-ons, but that's a pretty uninformed guess.

I did just think of one other possible concern. The MazzleUI add-ons were never set-up to use embedded libraries since there never was any need to. As a result, there are a few libraries you'll need to keep stand-alone, name Ace, BabbleLib and Banzailib.