View Single Post
03-05-07, 07:28 PM   #4
Kudane
Co-Founder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
1. Each WOW account will only login with one character at a time, when you log in to a 2nd character, the first will be bumped out. -- this feature alone prevents you from getting yourself in trouble.

2. You can "dual-box" two copies of the game on one machine and play two seperate accounts* at the same time. My recommendation is to copy your WOW folder to a new location (ie, a 2nd hard drive, or another spot on your hard drive) for the 2nd login, this will reduce the amount of lag and possible disconnects as each folder is feeding one character instead of one folder trying to remember which character should be getting what.

3. The Paid Character Transfer will allow you to transfer to a 2nd account that is registered to the same name as the first. Please read the FAQ carefully to see all the disclaimers.

4. There is no way to "remotely" control your 2nd character. You can use a game pad or G15 to setup macros (ie /target <first character> cast <spell>), even addons like Whisper Cast that will allow *some* quickness and would let you jump back and forth. But ANY program you could download that would automate or "pet control" your second character would most likely violate the EULA in the aspect of "automated game play"

My recommendation would be too run two copies in windowed mode. you can easily click back and forth and with some simple macros and "auto follow" you would have the effect you want. I have seen this done many time and all of it is well within the rules of the game that Blizzard layed out.

I hope this helps

*Blizzard does not condone account transfers, and both account would need to be in your *real* name. There are post in the blizzard forum all the time about people who try to "cheat" the character-transfers and get caught, soo stick with the rules and you will be fine.