View Single Post
02-11-07, 06:22 PM   #410
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Koren
I really like this UI, it is an incredibly handy and useful tool for my gaming pleasure. That said, it is a bit difficult to use for healing in group situations due to the party frames being so spread out and the issue with the clique casting area being so small.
What I did was download and install ag_unit frames. When I am soling I keep them hidden. When I am healing in a party, I enable them and use them to heal. I leave the Discord frames up, just cause I like the way they look and for the buff/debuff timers.
When it comes to raiding, I use neither and just go with my raid frames for everything. I think I read that Mazzle was thinking about adding an option to be able to cliques cast on the character portraits themselves. I certainly would like to see that as it may allow me to not use the ag_unit frames at all. I have nothing against ag-unit frames and have used them for quite some time, but I really like the way the Discord frames look hehe.
Thank you for making this UI Mazzle, it is great!

Koren
level 70 Holy Paladin from Thorium Brotherhood
Click-casting used to be possible on the models. I took it off b/c the situation is a little different in the 1.6. There's plent of room or it to click, even with it off. It was just an oversight.

I have nothing against agUF either. When 2.0 first came out, I tried to make a version of these unit frames in agUF. There were a few things I couldn't do, so I decided to scrap it for the time being. It's a possibility for the future, depending on how much time I decide to keep spending on the project.