Thread: Carbonite Quest
View Single Post
02-22-08, 01:32 AM   #43
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Basically you had the right idea. Get your free sample (in this case a sample that doesnt get used up) and buy in to it if you like it. Though you are in fact paying for a full version of the mod. Yes you get access to the site in the process but your money goes to development and support.

That being said While i may disagree with the spirit of this whole notion i will say that to each her/his own. It just puts more pressure/incentive on the creators to churn out a quality product.

Hopefully they do and people get their monies worth. In the end people want their dollar value (and in most cases would like to see more than the value) and if they dont get it the developers at carbon will have to either up the quality or lose the customer.

In the end the decision to pay or not is personal. If what is available here does what it claims with no nag screens offering the full service or some limited time trial then i say let it be.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor