Thread: Carbonite Quest
View Single Post
04-15-08, 07:51 PM   #50
septor
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
So this is a pretty much dead discussion, but I feel like some of this needs saying:

Originally Posted by Tweeker View Post
Since the admins have permitted this ::

A lot more people are going to be doing this for money, and more than likely the very same people that used to do it for pride and generosity.
No they won't, and even if they do they better hope like hell it's an amazing addon otherwise they just made a major time sink in a failing business. Bottom line is you have to make sure you offer constant support and updates as well as producing an outstanding addon that can rival the free addons.

Your addon better NEVER be broken and NEVER be behind in patch fixes. You also better hope I, and everyone else that is going to pay for this addon, can download it (or it's updates) whenever I need to, even on major patch releases because THAT is what you are paying for, not the source code.

Finally, it costs $5.99 for for 6 months to get the full version, which doesn't offer anything except enchantments to the free version. I realize that's a HUGE money sink on anyone who has the $15/m to pay for a video game and all.

Last edited by septor : 04-15-08 at 07:54 PM.