View Single Post
04-19-20, 01:02 AM   #2
aallkkaa
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The UI looks very good, and watching the video was a pleasant experience as well!

I won't be using it as I try to not stray away too much from the default UI (there's always something that connflicts with another part of the UI, and when I finally get to achieve some balance... some addon gets abandoned, or Blizzard makes some ĀPI (or even UI) change that throws everything away... It's a bit of too much of a mess for me...).
But, again, I think your UI looks great!

i'm sorry but I also don't think I'd be contributing anything code/textures wise.
But I guess I could make a recommendation or two on things you might use. For instance, as far as the unit frames go, you might want to use oUF. In case you're not familiar with it, it's a very flexible and powerful framework for designing your own layout of unit frames. It's been out there for years, and well maintained. It's great to keep the underlyings working across patches (and expansions), allowing you to focus on the layout itself.
For several of the other elements of the UI, you could look at Zork's rSomething addons, all based on his rLib library. They're by no means as popular as oUF, but they do look quite sturdy (even if updates aren't that frequent, they still seem frequent enough to me). Some of those addons are basic, but very welcome, changes to elements (e.g. rObjectiveTracker), others like rActionBar are frameworks, much like oUF.
And, of course, there is also kgPanels.

Just saying, f you want to maintain your project on the long run, using frameworks such as those can help a lot.

Good luck!