View Single Post
08-27-13, 03:58 AM   #7
Taraezor
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I strongly disagree with any idea that temporary weapon buffs should be manually tracked.

Presently there is NO way to know reliably whether a Shaman has applied Windfury / Rockbiter / Flametongue / Frostbrand to the MH and/or OH. All we can find out is if there is a generic buff and if so, when it is due to expire.

So AddOns are unable to help wayward Shamans who have applied the wrong buffs or, as can happen, they got WF/FT around the wrong way!

Plus if the Shaman has Rockbiter and is in a level appropriate instance then that probably means an emergency situation, with a totally different set of rotation/queue recommendations (emphasising blowing CDs for big burn and/or something else to rescue a healer etc).

If a Shaman has Frostbrand and is not in an instance then it might mean questing multiple mobs and perhaps Magma Totem etc should be suggested to the Shaman.

Some people (such as me) do NOT want to parse the Combat Log = cpu / memory overhead. Yuck.
Constructing and parsing Tooltips can also lead to localisation problems (I mean spoken language and not LUA technique).

Simply add the spellID of the buffs to GetWeaponEnchantInfo. That is all that is needed and AddOn authors can do the rest!