View Single Post
01-27-09, 12:23 PM   #2541
iljott
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

A couple of days ago I decided to join a 40-man raid to raid the Alliance (I'm Horde) cities and kill the bosses for the achievement "For the Horde".

I had my usual arsenal of addons, and obviously my beloved nUI (latest version).

The 40 of us gathered at the lake just underneath IF and charged straight ahead into battle and rushed for the boss in IF. Unfortunately, as soon as we got in front of the boss and the first amount of action started taking place, my frame rate dive straight to 1 FPS for a couple of frames, and after that took around 15 seconds (with me not able to move or anything) and got disconnected from the server. I duly reloaded and as soon as I got in, I got disconnected again. Remembering that some people have had issues with nUI in raids, I disabled it (and only it) and ran x-Perl instead (I had it installed and set up just in case something like this happened). I had no FPS or disconnection issues with that.

Having said that, I have run 10-man raids with nUI without any problems at all. I've not had the chance to try out the 25-man raids however, so I can't tell you if that gives problems in my case or not.

I've decided to use sRaidFrames for my raid layout.

Just thought I'd bring this to your attention.

Oh - we managed to kill the bosses with very few casualties and I finally got rid of my damned ugly chicken mount!