View Single Post
03-11-09, 02:17 PM   #7
Doomlord
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Hmm...

I already have indicators for agro, curses, etc. I suppose I could actually just tie all of this into the feedback system at large and give you the option of selecting any of the four corners, the border, the background or a free-form square or circle inside the frame (that you could size and move) or a custom texture, then give you a list of things to trigger it... agro, cursed, magiced, diseased, poisoned or any of the spells you have seen in game.

That would actually make the feedback system much more powerful than it already is... and much more flexible for the player.
The power of Grid stands in this indicators indeed, but to be more precise, it stands in the flexibility of setting those indicators.

I can add any indicator (Those Colored dots in the unitframe's corners) for virtually any action. Wether it is a buff on the target, or a spell being cast on that specific target.

You mentioned early that you need to add a database with all spells. Why reinvent the wheel? The current Grid configuration does indeed have a list of predefined stuff for different buffs/debuffs mostly but you are also able to input the spellID or the spell name in a "wizard" and create your own indicator.

Grid is pretty complex and it's rather hard to explain it's feature over a forum. I urge you to install it and fiddle with it a bit.

P.S.: Indicators don't only refer to the four colored corners in fact. Indicators can also be text on the unit frame and also icons. Also, you can add more than four "colored squares" indicators.

Last edited by Doomlord : 03-11-09 at 02:20 PM.