View Single Post
07-23-12, 05:51 AM   #22
silverhatred
A Kobold Labourer
Dislikes:
I dislike how timers are now a separate aura that you have to rebuild completely.
-Solution: Just build a timer into the settings of the texture and not make a timer the texture.

I dislike how the aura itself is built around a picture and not a spell/name, ie spell names are just a mere setting not the cornerstone.
-Solution: Back in the old PA, you had one aura that did one thing based around a name. Now with the new if/then activation trigger scenario you can tie a much smarter ai into your auras. However more often than not I will do duplicate settings to several different "textures." Either have the setup based on the name, or have the setup based on an activation. Either way you end up having to do both for everything and it seems like the original "aura" you set up is more like an organizational folder.

There seems to be an extra unnecessary layer between the browser and the textures. I realize that this layer is put there because of timers and charges and stacks as well as multiple triggers on separate auras but there really isn't a need to set up this stuff when you can just source the event triggers.
-Solution: have the "group" of spell events be a level higher than the initial creation, not way deeper in.

I know its still in developement but honestly being able to go in and quickly change/add something new is fundamental to testing this. I love all of the new features and I know I could get used to the new ui, its just the placement and flow of it seems like a skinny bookcase with wide novels.
-Solution: Group the settings more intelligently. For example "style" and "Layout and Positioning" should pretty much be the same catagory since people are going to be doing both of those at once more often than not.

You seem to have put quite a bit of work into this and I definitely appreciate that.

Your tutorial is great I would love to see moar once you get the ui worked out.

All of the new options with animations and combining different events is great and I have been wanting something like that for awhile.

Waiting on:
Using the original spell texture automatically.
-Maybe I am just stupid but I couldn't find a way to do this without adding the texture to the folder myself and calling it.

Quicker feedback on aura changes.
-Seeing the texture while making settings to it would be great, still a work in progress I know but it discourages me from doing any testing expecially when the breadcrumb interface is seemingly long. Clicking and dragging around the aura for quick placement is missed. Slidebars as well.

Thats all for now, I really want to see this addon become great in mop and I am posting what I believe to be true. If you need anything clarified let me know.