Thread: Carbonite 5.0
View Single Post
09-12-12, 01:12 AM   #69
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Serra44 View Post
- They couldn't find 10 seconds anywhere to reply to all the questions on the forums about whether they wanted to continue developing their addon in months?

They're here only to mark their territory by pissing over what Rythal, with help of the community, managed to do. Not to fix their addon or take any real interest in it.
10 seconds? I think I've spent a few hours responding to a bunch of the threads - saying to give the authors time and that they would tell us when they decided to no longer continue the project (as they previously posted). As to three weeks after the patch, they didn't know about it for about 2 weeks - so not too bad in keeping a busy life (I'm assuming when they say they are busy, they tell the truth).

As far as I understand, they haven't specifically named Rythal by name or called him out. But the mentioned that they do not want anyone updating their project, that is their decision - not ours. I believe Rythal has acted well in all this - because he has spent a lot of his own time on the fan update and at the risk of pissing off the authors. I'm restating what another had said, if you feel so horrid about what has happened - stop using Carbonite and never look back. It allows the remaining community to continue on and provide useful feedback instead of clogging the forums with hundreds of negative non-helpful posts.