View Single Post
08-29-17, 11:20 AM   #5
Terenna
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
p3lim,

Thank you for your feedback. Huge fan of your addons and your code. When I saw the difference in readability between arg2 and spellID or what not I saw the importance of naming variables more descriptively. One possible problem with this is that the 12th argument for a swing_damage event is a an amount of damage or a string of miss, block, parry, dodge, etc, whereas the 12th argument for spell_damage is a spellID. To assuage this problem, I could have the first 4 arguments set as they are always the same, and then perform an if check on the 2nd argument to determine type of CLEU event. At that point I could assign variables that would be more accurately and descriptively named, but I would be utilizing extra CPU cycles to perform the check, overwrite the 2nd and 4th arguments unnecessarily and also have extra variables taking up (albeit minuscule) amounts of memory.

Outside of the CLEU variables, are shorthand such as STF for shadowtechniquesframe acceptable? Or do authors generally give longer names?