View Single Post
04-11-12, 06:05 PM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by TMcMahon51 View Post
I've been using a R.A.T. 5 for a while, and it mostly fits criteria.
Hmm. I know a guy who has one of those. It doesn't look very comfortable, but next time I see him I'll ask if I can play with it.

Originally Posted by semlar View Post
I've had a logitech g9x for a few years. It's accurate, reliable and fairly customizable, but if you need to palm your mice it's not for you.
The palm of my hand never touches the mouse. I mostly hold the mouse with my fingertips, with the heel of my hand on the mousepad, and occasionally rest the front of my hand (whatever the hand equivalent of the ball of your foot is) on the back of the mouse.

Also, that mouse has the back/forward buttons both on the thumb side, and no buttons on the other side. I use one like that at work, and even for just basic stuff like web browsing I'm always hitting the wrong one, and having to move my thumb to use each button is annoying.

Originally Posted by p3lim View Post
The DeathAdder I would recommend, its very ergonomic, has a nice weigth (148g), and comes in a left-handed version aswell.
Back and forward buttons are on the same side.

Originally Posted by Bornabe View Post
Razor Orochi... it's what you're looking for 100%... it 'CAN' be wireless for those moments on the go and needing a quick mouse, but is 'also' and dominantly used as a wired USB mouse.
Hmm. It looks very small, like a laptop mouse. Or am I looking at the wrong one in the comparion photo on the Razer site?

After looking around at the options, I'm beginning to think I should just stock up on 10-year-old Microsoft Intellimouses and use those forever.