View Single Post
04-11-12, 10:03 PM   #9
Qupe
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-p...mance-mouse-mx

I know you mentioned you dislike mouse designs that are right or left hand specifically and you wanted back/forward buttons on opposite sides but the Logitech MX Revolution is easily the most comfortable mouse I've ever used. I've recommended it time upon time upon time to multiple people and not a single person has expressed anything but their undying love for it.

It's big, it's decently heavy, and it's wireless but has the ability to charge while you're using it; it comes with an Eneloop rechargeable battery and recharges with a USB cord that plugs into the front of the mouse. It also has Logitech's awesome "smooth scrolling" which is a button toggle that lets your mousewheel free spin and scroll mega ultra quickly.

As well as all of the standard mouse options, L/R Up/Down middle mouse button scrolling, Back/Forward buttons and the addition of two more buttons that, by default, are a zoom button (sort of acts like ctrl+mousewheel) and a program swap button (the equivalent of the alt+tab "menu") - both of which are rebindable with the software that comes with the mouse.

Not sure how standard mouse software is now-a-days in non-gaming mice, but SetPoint (Logitech's mouse software) is pretty strong and allows per-application bindings of almost every single mouse button.

My ONLY complaint about this mouse is the fact that it's higher DPI setting is only accessible by binding a mouse button to it and setting the DPI higher than the default. Other than that, I can't imagine myself ever using another mouse.

Perk #12571529182751925 is the fact that it comes with Logitech's AMAAAAAZING warranty; 3 year warranty, that during the time, is replaced without sending your current mouse in and replaced for pretty much any reason. After 3 years, they ask for your current mouse back but the replacement is still free. Not to mention, if your mouse isn't produced anymore they upgrade it to the best possible version of your mouse "type" (ie - gaming mouse, wired standard mouse, wireless gaming, etc...).

If you'd ever consider a R/L mouse design and are unsure hit up a Best Buy/Office Max whatever and give it a go - I love this thing and I "claw" my mouse like you do (I think that's what you described). Pretty much the only part of my hand touching the mouse are my fingers, thumb rests on the lower part of the "thumb area" and the bottom of my palm sits on my mousepad. My hands are also small as hell and all buttons are easily accessible.

It basically feels like an "ambidextrous" mouse design because of where your fingers - as a claw-er - rest on the mouse.

Last edited by Qupe : 04-11-12 at 10:07 PM.