View Single Post
04-26-12, 06:14 PM   #14
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Othgar View Post
... Steel Series WoW mouse ... has 14 buttons ...
Too many buttons. Even two on the same side is a bit annoying on my work mouse; I end up hitting the wrong one all the time. That's the main reason I want an "ambidextrous" mouse, because it's symmetrical with one button on either side. 10 buttons or whatever under my thumb would be an absolute disaster.

Originally Posted by warmonger2012 View Post
How about a mouse with no keys at all ?
I saw that, and it does look very cool, but I'm concerned that (a) WoW would not recognize different regions as different "buttons" for the purpose of binding clicks to functions in the game, and (b) I would have a hard time touching/tapping/whatever the correct region for, say, "middle click", the same way I currently have trouble clicking the correct thumb button when the small back/forward buttons are both on the same side of the mouse. If I knew anyone who had one, I'd give it a try, though.

As a followup for TMcMahon51, the guy I knew who had an R.A.T. mouse broke it, so I haven't been able to try it.

Guess I'm going to have to actually find a physical store that has display models for a bunch of gaming mice and actually go there and try them all.