View Single Post
01-03-07, 10:09 AM   #4
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I try using Ace or Ace2 AddOns because they seem to take up the least memory, which is good for me seeing as I only Have 256Mb of RAM.Panels such as FuBar and Titan Panel can use a lot of memory. Bar AddOns do use up a lot of memory. when I used to use Bartendar3,Xpearl Unit Frames, Simple Minimap, Atlas, atlas loot,Ct Mod, FuBar with about 15 plugins, and skinner, loading time enting the world(of warcraft) was about 5 minutes, My friend had about the same set up, and with his 2 GB of RAM he said it was about the same, So using a lot of addons slows down loading time, and using all of them when doing instances I was always tank and usually got in last. This si Why I stopped using most of my AddOns, now I only use Cartagropher, MiniCoords,VendorValues,sometimes DHUD, and Necrosis for my low level warlock.Now my loading time going inot the world of about 45 seconds to 1 minute.

I don't know if this helped you at all but I just wanted to post it for you and anyone else who is hvaing trouble with a lot of AddOns.Also a good graphics card can help, I only hvae a intel extreme graphics something or other, and only get about 8fps, 10fps at the most while moving.