View Single Post
01-03-07, 03:42 PM   #17
Auralei
A Cyclonian

Two of your biggest problems are Auctioneer and Meta Map. both of those addons I have used in the past and trashed. They are huge memory hogs. Meta map, imo, is huge and unnecessarily bloated. Alpha Map has been a successful alternative for me. Still a large addons, but not such a huge memory sucker. Auctioneer has WAY too many dependencies. Enhanced tool tip, stubby...informant.....bleh. Huge, bloated, and KC Items by the Ace Team is a better, lower memory cost alternative.

X-Perl Unit Frames is one of the best mods out there IMO, but turn off the parts you're not using. For instance, if you are not raiding, turn off the monitors and leader utilities. Turn off the Team Speak part of it(that's just not even needed IMO). And if you're not a healer in the BGs, turn off the raid frames. Only turn those things on when you need them.

While I agree with some of the posters about Ace2 mods, they are NOT always the best alternative and I've tested MORE than a few. I do not use all Ace2 mods and have the least memory useage now than I have previously on an ALL Ace2 based UI. Defiantly download Warmup, from the Ace team, and monitor the load times and size of the files you're using. Also, try to cut down on the Titan bar plug-ins, I know it doesn't seem like much, but they DO add up and chances are, you can probably get by without half of them. Same with Fubar. For me, FuBar was a bigger memory problem than Titan, so I use Titan now, but minimalistically so. The tradeskill and quest log extenders, IMO are fluff. before they were made, we didn't use them, so chances are, you could get by without those too.

At one time, I had over 92 addons. Once I started seeing what effects that had on Framerate, memory useage and load times though, I stopped that real quick. I play with about 20 some now, total. And am an alt-o-holic. There are ways to trim down the amount you need.