View Single Post
09-10-09, 03:25 PM   #21
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Miralen View Post
Personally as far as research goes I don't spend hours upon hours crunching numbers trying to get the very last drop of efficiency out of my spells from talents or stats...
That's okay. You shouldn't have to do that in order to be able to keep up with the game in the first place. Casual is okay, and a lot of the best connections I've made in this game have been with the casual players because they're so relaxed and don't take this game so seriously. (This is the part where Heath Ledger strolls his s*xy self in and says, "Why so serious?" LoL)

Because this game is my hobby, I really do enjoy spending two hours at a time in front of an Excel sheet with the Mage Theorycraft-o-Matic up and spending silly amounts of gold on respec's, trying out different spec's and spell rotations on the training dummies. It's a good way to learn a lot about my class. I might be a little serious about the knowledge, and it might be fun to pick on someone a bit for making a bad nub mistake (like a Hunter who does Distracting Shot and then tries to Misdirect and wonders why it isn't working), but I really don't expect others to have my same love for the game. Expecting others to view the game the same way only takes the fun out of it for all involved, and that's what I'm battling most right now.

Oh, well. I'm not txferring Arc yet again, and I'm not rerolling him on another server. I've invested too much time and money on him to feel kosher with doing either. He came from Kel'Thuzad, and on Kel'Thuzad he'll stay. I'll beat these morons. I know I will.

I've had good help and advice from y'all to make sure of it. ~_^