View Single Post
09-10-09, 05:50 PM   #25
Republic
Paladin

Originally Posted by xaeran View Post
I usually kick a player if they dare utter the words "this is a non-fail group right?"
Guys using fail as an adjective should be kicked anyway, simply out of principle. I'm not sure why gamers think using that word in so many different ways is cool, but well, it's one more aspect of the community of nerds that I simply cannot relate with.

The only things worse than using "fail" to sound cool are guys that have phrases as a name, guys that use "UR" to cover the fact they don't know when to use your, you're, etc., and then perhaps guys who are comfortable playing a female toon and running around semi-naked (you know these nerds - hide the cloak when you get leg armor that shows your rear, etc.).

Wow is a really sad collection of folks sometimes. If it isn't the addons, sites, tools enabling the elitism, it will be something else (vanity pets maybe?). The game IS simply that stupid.

The ironic thing is, most people posting in forums refer to these types as "those other idiots" but frankly, some of us are part of the problem as well. Why do "we" tolerate being around these other "idiots"? I find it interesting that most people talking about "those other idiots" are probably guilty of the same behavior in the game. Even in this thread you see people referring to using these tools. Bah.

Call me crazy but the best part of vanilla wow was the fact there weren't all these ways of being elite. Your elite players were such because they were good players, not because they had a 20k elephant parked at a mailbox and the other nerds were drooling over them. Know what I mean? This game is becoming FAR too much about vanity. I've stated in the wow forums that Cataclysm turns this into nothing more than a fantasy based Counter-Strike with vanity enhancements. This game is nowhere near the game that started all this. Lore is being thrown out the window. There's nothing epic about epics anymore. Cows are becoming paladins. What the hell is the point?

I don't keep track of Wow's development team(s), but it sure seems to me there's been some massive personnel changes at the top. And no, I don't mean Activision's influence. I'm talking about the actual "creative types" that can make 400 different recolored dragonhawk pets but cant fix a hunter pet bar issue that has existed since the dawn of man.

To each his own I suppose, no matter how stupid.